Friday, September 01, 2006

Calling all Bloggers!!

Ok, here is something that's driving me crazy!!
Many blogsites have lovely pictures as their header which in essence are just jpeg files I guess that these people have made up and somehow built into the template code!
I had a look on blogger "Help" and they were talking about an "Edit Layout" function which I just don't seem to have.
So, can someone please enlighten me how this is done!
If it is too long to comment on here, just email it to me on
the-electronic-firefly@hotmail.co.uk

Here are some examples of what I am talking about.

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Well, you need two things: (i)the tools to create and size an image to suit; (ii)a place to store the image (like a photo storage place such as Flickr) so that you can call it up to your blog. Okay, let's add a third. You need to alter the code in your blog to add the image.

The very nice man said...

Yes, I have No. 1 and 2 but don't know whjere and how to insert the code into the blog!
Erik

Toni said...

You could upload an image into a post, cut and paste it into your template, changing the dimensions to the size you want (because Blogger always resizes the images to suit the post layouts), and delete the original post you uploaded to. Too easy.

The very nice man said...

Again a good idea but I just don't know where in the template I insert the code.
Anyone reading this who has got a picture as their header could maybe copy the template code and paste it into an email and send it to
the-electronic-firefly@hotmail.co.uk
Erik

lucy said...

Actually I've been trying to do the same but am technologically retarded. Once you do find out can you pass on where in the template code it needs to go?

The very nice man said...

Will surely do, Lucy!
Erik

Heather Plett said...

Yeah, I'd like to know too!