Monday, September 25, 2006

Blinded by the Light

Another nice weekend and it was also our 18th wedding anniversary – ooohhhh!!!
Due to my wife just having had a little foot operation to straighten out one of her toes, she is ‘hop-along-cassidy’ and there are limits to what we can do.
We – that is my wife, her sister, my daughter and I – did go to see ‘Manfred Mann’s Earth Band’ at Milky Beans (Milton Keynes).














For all of you who are now saying: “Who??” I need to say: “You are too young!!”.
They are a band who were around mainly in the 70s and have created such songs as ‘The mighty Quinn’, ‘Dave is on the road again’, ‘Spirits in the night’ and many more including the worldwide mega hit ‘Blinded by the light’ which quite rightly states in its lyrics:
'Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is'

I went to see them when I was 18 years old and was wondering if they would still be any good – being as they are now 60+.
Well, I need not have worried! They were excellent and the whole house enjoyed a polished performance with two standing ovations.

In one word (and to speak in modern term language) :
Bitching!

3 comments:

The very nice man said...

Yes, Debs, we are all older these days.
All?? Is everyone looking older now??
No Debs YOU have not aged at all in all the years I have known you!

Anonymous said...

I was very young when they were around, but I do remember them (from my older siblings passing down their albums to me). Glad you had fun and Happy Anniversary!

Mariam W said...

Very creative poost