Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Canadian Connection

Hi again, folks!
Hope you are feeling upbeat and that life in general is 'peachy'!
Here is an email I received from a friend at work and I hope she doesn't mind me charing it with you:

Hi Everyone
Just so proud, I had to share it with you all. Oliver wrote a poem last year and I entered it into the Autism Acceptance Project in Canada via the NAS website. Winning entries get shown in the Lonsdale Gallery in Toronto during the month of October. I have just received an email to say Olivers cheque is in the post!!! Needless to say we are delighted. He doesn't even know yet as he's still in Ireland with Granny!
Click here to read the poem on the website.
Regards
Maureen


Well, I happen to think that this poem is good enough for an adult, nevermind an 8 year old boy.
Well done, Oliver, and very well put!

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

There you go. We do have more than rocks here. :) You have every right to be proud, but I wish they had used line breaks on the web site. Or am I making an assumption that I shouldn't be?

The very nice man said...

Oh?!? I thought that was some sort of Canadian rule!?
Like:
"No line breaks will be allowed for articles howsoever produced, whether on paper, electronically or in braille unless the entire work exceeds 50.000 words or the thickness of an average IKEA catalogue!"

Yara said...

Hey,

I read the poem and loved it, children of such ways of telling the truth. "Our world has eyes And people tell lies" ; "Our world has magic And sometimes its tragic" Congrats Oliver!
-Yara