Thursday, September 28, 2006

Let's talk about Breasts!

It is that time again!! Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat . . . .
But unfortunately the goose is not alone! The same applies to me and the comment from people saying ‘You have put weight on, huh?!!’ can no longer be silenced with the explanation that it only looks that way because I am wearing ‘the shirt with belly’.

The aim is to lose 30 pounds! Yes, thirty – three oh - pounds or 15 kilos or 2 stone and 2 pounds, whichever you prefer!
I managed to do the same a year ago and raised a lot of money for charity.

I have decided that the charity which should benefit from my ‘Porky to Cool’ exercise should be the Breast Cancer Care charity.




Nobody in my family has ever suffered from this disease but our good friend and colleague Jo has sadly passed away after a long and brave fight against cancer.
I cannot even begin to imagine how awful it must be to be diagnosed with it.

The way it will work is that I will be doing various things throughout 12 months such as the sponsored slim, a wine tasting evening, etc. and will ask people to sponsor me for these things via the "Just Giving" website!

I am committed to raise £3000 ($5640 US Dollars or 4440 Euros) during those 12 months.
To sponsor me for this very worthy cause is really easy and every sponsorship will bless someone unfortunate enough to be touched by this dreadful disease.
Please have a look by clicking on the link below and thank you so much!!!!

http://www.justgiving.com/firefly

2 comments:

Yara said...

Erik,

I'm so proud of you, it is a very kind and generous thing you are doing. I hope you are able to accomplish your goal, and maybe able to surpasse it.

Good Luck!

The very nice man said...

Well, thank you very much! I hope I can raise the funds! Watch this space.
Erik