Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nobody's Bitch!!

There are several rules which accompany ‘an evening out with the lads’.
These meetings are necessary and of great importance, serving a multitude of purposes such as:
* re-invigoration of Testosterone
* re-inforcement of the ‘I am top dog in my house’ illusion, having just promised your wife you won’t drink too much and be home before midnight!
* re-telling of various ‘This problem happened . . blablabla . . but I rescued the day’ stories

to mention but a few.

Besides which, it is an excellent oportunity to insult one another in the firm knowledge that no-one, yes, no-one will take offence.
These insult are to 99% designed to challenge your machoness!
Example:
You drink like a girl!’ (If your glass has slightly more liquid in it than the other’s)
Yellow is a girl’s colour!’ (If you happen to pot a yellow ball in pool billiad’
What are you?? A girl?’ (If you refuse to partake in a Kebab-Chips Combo after several pints)

So it was that last night Gary, Kev and I visited a few watering holes in town to drink, shoot pool, laugh like hyenas and chomp Kebabs (see picture).



Reason for meeting?
Gary has just resigned his job and is now for 5 days (i.e. before he starts his new job) as he puts it ‘nobody’s bitch’!!

It can safely be said that last night I was ‘the girl’, having drunk Budweiser rather than pints of beer, potting the yellow balls and refusing to poison my body with the Kebab-Chip Combo.

Luckily my ‘look into my eyes and tell me if I care’ stare neutralised the stigma attached to such behaviour and my ‘macho’ handshake ensured that I qualify for a future invite!

6 comments:

The very nice man said...

If I were in the picture then definitely the former but as it is . . the latter!!

A Girl Like Me said...

Looks like happy kebabbery to me!

Eric said...

Hi Erik; I will be checking your highly entertaining blog often, as I have now bookmarked it.

Suddenly, I have this hankering to go to a restaurant serving kabobs...I wonder why...

Thinking about food while hungry (and trying to ignore it) is extremely difficult!

Eric

The very nice man said...

A girl like me -
Yes, I love Kebabs and now whenever I look at the picture I crave having one! Gorram shame!
Erik

Eric -
Starting in November I want to do a weightloss exercise for charity. I need to lose 30 pounds!!!
There will be much crying coming from me on this blogsite!
Erik

Yara said...

Well, if you were going to start those exercises you should have probably had those Kabobs, hu?

-Yara

Anvilcloud said...

You are da man.