Monday, October 23, 2006

Whose Birthday is it anyway??

Last week it was my colleague’s birthday and Debs (The Debster) send a birthday card round the office for us all to sign. All went well until Sara passed the card to Stuart with the words: “Here, sign the card for Gary!”
Stuart, only listening with one ear, understood “Here, sign the card for Erik!” and promptly wrote some demeaning stuff, passing it on to Shane, who followed in the same footsteps. Shane then passed it on to Gary (whose card it really was) with Debs spitting: “Shane, what is wrong with you?? Why are you giving Gary’s card to Gary??!!!”
Total pandemonium ensued and everybody got confused as to whose birthday is when.
We already agreed to re-use the same card for my birthday on Wednesday.
This morning however I came to work to find this!














No!! Not yet, guys!!! Wednesday!!!
Now everbody walking past my desk wishes me a happy birthday and asks where the cakes are that we normally buy for this occasion.


==========================

My target weight is 199 pounds and if you haven’t sponsored me yet, please do so by going to http://www.justgiving.com/firefly and adding yourself to the list.

Throughout the next weeks you will be able to follow my progess (O God, I hope it will indeed be progress!!) on my Biff-o-meter and can comment on this blogsite with words of encouragment or by throwing abuse at me.

Here then is the Biff-o-meter after week 3 of my Challenge!






Weigh now = 215 pounds
Weight lost so far = 14 pounds

1 comment:

Yara said...

Hey,

How are you? Congrats on the weight already lost! Happy early birthday... just think you get to celebrate your birthday all week!

-Yara