Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Can you tell what it is yet?

Anyone who has been reading my Blog for some time will no doubt be aware of the fact that I have many, many talents reaching from a sharp sense of humour to . . to . . [scratches his head desperately trying to think of another one] . . well, lots of talents anyway!!

It is therefore even more perplexing that the one gift that has passed me by without as much as even touching me is the gift of painting or drawing!
A paint brush or pencil in my hand is indeed a lethal instrument!
Lethal for the eyes of anyone who chooses to look upon my ‘Artwork’, as his/her eyes will be soiled for ever!
It always resembles at best the trail a drunk spider makes staggering across a paint-pot followed by a sprint across a canvas and has triggered spontaneous comments such as:
Holy crap!!
and
If you have hands, why do you paint with your arse??

This lack of artistic flair is not a recent development either!
When I was about 12 years old we were asked to sketch a horse (see below).
Need I say more???



It is therefore with complete bewilderment (and some fatherly pride) that I have a daughter who seems to have missed
'the crazy-doodle-gene'.

Last night she sat down with some paper, paints and the
odd brush and before you could say:
‘IfthatstupiddogdoesnotstopbarkingIamgoingtokillit’
she produced this painting (see below).



Now, dear readers, you can be totally honest here!!
Which one do you prefer??
Huh?? Huh???

===
If you haven’t sponsored me yet, please do so by going to http://www.justgiving.com/firefly and adding yourself to the list.
Thank you!

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Believe it or not your horse is better than anyhting I could do. Really.

The very nice man said...

Anvilcloud - That does comfort me somewhat - not a lot but . .