Monday, October 09, 2006

Thou wisheth to ride to a Venue of Debauchery?

Well, here we are at the end of week 1 of the sponsored slim which went quite well until the weekend arrived and with it an invitation to Mary Arden’s House (Shakespeare’s mother) for what they call “Apple Day”.
Basically there are lots of things going on which would have been happening around the year 1600.
Such things as archery, falconry, music of the time, wood carving, cider making (which at 6.9% alcohol just had to be sampled) and many other things could be observed.
The problem came when we all went to the Crabmill Pub for a spot of lunch!
Nevertheless (and due to extreme discipline throughout the week) I managed to lose 5 pounds in weight this week! So that’s not a bad start I guess!

Here are some pictures from the day
(click on them to enlarge) :















Birds of Prey
















Barn Owl
















European Owl
















Toffee Apples (A gazillion calories!!!)
















Call me sceptical but did they really have this machinery in 1600??
















Mary Arden stuffed??
















Jan and Victoria in Mary's house
















Do these mushrooms taste wooden to you?
















Even some of the visitors look anchient!
















What freak named these donkeys??
















Gorram Morris Dancers get everywhere!! Shoot me now!!
















Chris hammering back the Cider in a desparate attempt to block out the music.
















Mari-Colette, Victoria, Chris and Jan waiting for dessert.
















Christine and Sally gasping for coffee.

==========================

My target weight is 199 pounds and if you haven’t sponsored me yet, please do so by going to http://www.justgiving.com/firefly and adding yourself to the list.

Throughout the next weeks you will be able to follow my progess (O God, I hope it will indeed be progress!!) on my Biff-o-meter and can comment on this blogsite with words of encouragment or by throwing abuse at me.

Here then is the Biff-o-meter after week 1 of my Challenge!






Weigh now = 224 pounds
Weight lost so far = 5 pounds

No comments: