Monday, October 02, 2006

We don't weigh Water Buffaloes

As you know I have (in a moment of utter weakness and madness) agreed to raise £3000 for Breast Cancer Care over the next 12 months.
Challenge I to raise funds is a sponsored slim where I aim to lose 30 pounds in weight.
Last night in front of witnesses I have undertaken the ‘Big Biffa Weigh-in’ to ascertain the starting point for this venture.
After a lot of groaning and complaining the scale to my utter shock and horror finally came to rest at the princely weight of 229 pounds!!
I now have 13 weeks to get to 199 pounds, which equates to losing 2.3 pounds every week even though my birthday and Christmas is in the middle of all of this!!
If you haven’t sponsored me yet, please do so by going to http://www.justgiving.com/firefly and adding yourself to the list.

Throughout the next weeks you will be able to follow my progess (O God, I hope it will indeed be progress!!) on my Biff-o-meter and can comment on this blogsite with words of encouragment or by throwing abuse at me.

Here then is the Biff-o-meter at the start of my Challenge!






Weigh now = 229 pounds
Weight lost so far = 0 pounds

4 comments:

The very nice man said...

Debster - Yes, you losing a few pounds would be breast! Eeeehhmm . . I meant "best"!!

Eric said...

Erik...I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors! I have been attempting to lose weight and since July have lost nearly thirty pounds...and if I can do this, so can you! I will be rooting for you all the way!

The very nice man said...

Eric - Many thanks for your encouraging words! I know it's not going to be easy but I will try very hard to succeed. And 'Well Done, You!!' on losing all that weight!! Do you feel better for it??

Eric said...

It is a confidence boost to be able to mine my closet for clothes that I haven't worn in about two or three years, but I know that I have a long way to go. But I don't focus on that; I take it one day at a time, and set a goal of two pounds a week. The rest will take care of yourself. If anyone asks me, "Are you never going to overeat again?" I simply say, "No, I'm not going to overeat TODAY." Because today is what matters.