Monday, October 30, 2006

I plead 'Not guilty'!!

In a dramatic freak occurrence of nature this weekend, the earth started spinning the other way around for a short while with some stunning effects:

* The time went back by one hour
* Rain fell upon us at our short break in Scotland at double velocity
* My weekly weight loss program went into reverse as I put on 3 pounds rather than losing 3 pounds!

So, as you can see, it is not my fault!! Just a glitch in the system and if that does not cut any ice with you guys, I hereby name and shame the people responsible for at least the last point of the above disaster:

I blame:
* Jackie for organising a meal out at the local Indian Restaurant
* Doug for sharing his Whisky with me
* Their daughter for making the most delicious meal the following evening!
* Caroline for a meal involving cheese and pork pies (the death of any diet!)
* Brian & Carol for treating us to a Chinese Lunch and Sherry Trifle!

Well, it’s good to know that I was completely innocent in all of this and have therefore no need to hang my head in shame!
Phew!!



Bracklinn Falls, Callander, Scotland

==========================

My target weight is 199 pounds and if you haven’t sponsored me yet, please do so by going to http://www.justgiving.com/firefly and adding yourself to the list.

Throughout the next weeks you will be able to follow my progess (O God, I hope it will indeed be progress!!) on my Biff-o-meter and can comment on this blogsite with words of encouragment or by throwing abuse at me.

Here then is the Biff-o-meter after week 4 of my Challenge!






Weight now = 218 pounds
Weight lost so far = 11 pounds

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmn, but how does one say no to a yummy pork pie?

Hang in there!

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Best,
Peg

The very nice man said...

Peg - It is impossible for a mere mortal person! Especially if it is offered with Salad Cream! Mmmm!! Slober!
Erik

Yara said...

Erik,

I'm very ashamed, take responsability, no good meals anymore :) BTW, I've always wanted to go to Scotland and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
-Yara