Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Waiting for the train

Amazing! Now that the kids are off school for their annual Easter holidays, I can drive to work on the main road into Aylesbury and get there 30 minutes earlier than on school days.
Late last night I watched the group ‘Matchbox Twenty’ in concert and managed to escape reality for 2 hours.
Yes!! I can hear all of you sensible, moralistic, straight-lined people out there already open your mouth starting (‘only out of concern, you understand’) to lecture me and quizzing me about wanting to escape anything.
I have decided that I have spent much too much time around people who have only negative or corrective things to say about me, about what I do, what I think, what I believe and what I say. They are not happy until they have pressed me into their idea-mould and they make me feel very small, stupid and insignificant. I think I will stay away from those people from now on and not give them time or space to approach me. You can all eat my shorts as far as I care!!
Today is a beautiful day with glorious blue sky and not a cloud in sight. If only this was the norm rather than the exception. Whenever the weather gets like this I get itchy feet and my mind drifts to thoughts of moving nearer to the seaside.
With all children having left home and daughter No.2 soon to finish school and looking at university (not to speak of how things are at work) I am scanning the horizon and the internet for places to move to. There are some encouraging signs and my wife and I will soon take a day to drive up to that area and have a good nosey!
All that is missing is the right job (or in fact ANY job) to go to and we’re off!
I do feel as if my life at present is in complete limbo, resembling a waiting hall on a train station. I hate waiting!! I am not a very patient man at the best of times and the feeling within me says that I am getting restless to board any train into any direction with or without valid ticket. Time to once again leave behind the familiar places, faces and bases and start afresh.
Thank the Lord for my wonderful wife, who at all times is loving, upbeat, encouraging, and just one of the best thing that ever happened to me.

Well, it’s hump-day (being Wednesday we are on top of the hump and running down towards the weekend) and I have 2 live-concerts lined up on Friday and Saturday.
Something to look forward to.

Time for the daily slimming day recount:
Food/Drink:
3 coffees, some nuts, 1 small tin of tuna, 3 slices of cracker-bread (good boy!!) and lettuce.
Exercise:
2 x walking the dog

From now on I shall attempt to write the daily notes during the lunch-breaks and having just done so, it is time to get some fresh air! Must fly!

No comments: