Friday, April 14, 2006

Close shave!

Good news!! After taking 2 types of antibiotics, 2 types of painkillers and a decent amount of whisky I finally managed to sleep for about 2 hours from about 6:30 this morning!! Looking like the wild man of Borneo I have decided to wash my hair and VERY CAREFULLY shave!! I think it went alright but my abscess is throbbing like a teenager’s heart after the first ‘boy meets girl – boy falls in love – girl walks off with best friend’ experience.

Already this morning – by way of distraction – I have watched 2 episodes of ‘Friends’ and 3 episodes of ‘Judge Judy’ whilst drinking 3 cups of Camomile tea and popping more pills.
My wife decided to go to work, probably partially due to me growling a lot and being generally pathetic.

Would be nice to go back to the dentist and have some of the pressure released but, it being Easter and all, there is nobody there. Worst of all, I have just read that with the second antibiotics I should NOT under any circumstances drink alcohol!! Oops!!
I know this is nothing compared with being nailed to a cross – it being Good Friday – but still feels as uncomfortable as having had an accident with a staple gun!
Anyway, must go and watch ‘The Bourne Identity’ and ‘The Bourne Supremacy’ back to back!

Time for the daily slimming day recount:
Food/Drink: 1 x pasta & chilli con carne, 2 x bread with pepperoni saussage (unacceptable really!) assorted (but all foul tasting) tablets. Water, Whisky, Camomile tea (not necessarily in that order).
Exercise: Using thumbs to change channels a lot – walking to the small room when nature calls.

No comments: