Friday, April 07, 2006

Hippies Comeback

Yippee! It’s Friday!!
Yesterday both my wife and daughter No. 2 had their hair done at home by a friend of daughter No. 1 and then dragged £40 out of my pocket to pay for it. I can’t make it as fast as it flies out of my pocket. My wife – no doubt inspired by the hair cutting – proceeded to do the same to the dog, which now looks like Shaun the sheep! I on the other hand have decided to let my hair grow for a while and see how the slimmer me with longer hair looks! Watch this space!!

Tonight, if I survive until then (starving like mental!!) daughter No.2 and I are going to see an E.L.O. Tribute Band, which I am quite looking forward to having never managed to see the real article in the past. Then, tomorrow night, we are seeing The Hamsters, an excellent band playing Jimi Hendrix and ZZ Top stuff amongst others. We have seen them many times before and they are superb Rock/Blues magicians!!
I will write all about it on Monday in my next diary entry.
I found a great site for lyrics on the web!! Click here to have a look!
A new couple moved in two houses up the road and I will go and get a ‘welcome to your new home’ card now. I can remember when people used to get together and help newcomers moving in but not anymore! Nowadays if you offer your help you are looked at as if you are mad or as if you want something in return. People are so suspicious!! Crazy.
Still haven’t organised any Easter eggs for the kids (well, they are all over 18 now!!) or for my wife! Maybe next week but now . . . . WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Time for the daily slimming day recount:
Food/Drink:
2 coffees, 1 tea, a scrumptious Cesar’s Salad with chicken, 2 Ryvita goodness bars, 2 poached eggs on toast (I am soooo weak!).
Exercise:
2 x walking the dog, 1 x emptying a small store room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do hope that you are going to give our favourite tribute band their deserved praise...

(Please note the hint of irony)

Well, I've been on your blog site properly now! Are you impressed?

Perhaps I'll try it again sometime.

Lots of love from daughter No.2