Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thank God for 'The Precious'

Bingo! Easter is over just as fast as it arrived. Having spent most time with an ice-pack on my jaw and feeling sorry for myself the swelling eventually subsided as the antibiotics did their job.
At times I was ready to stick a needle into the infected area just to get rid of the pressure and pain but luckily my wife (from now on called ‘The Precious’) stopped me and made me see sense.
By Sunday the house was hoovered, the garden furniture reappeared after their winter slumber and the summer-house was opened for the first time. Son No. 2 arrived with his fiancĂ©e shortly followed by son No. 1. We had a nice time relaxing and ‘The Precious’ made a lovely Roast Pork dinner. In the evening we sat and had a very funny couple of hours playing Trivial Pursuit.
Needless to say that the main topic of conversation for the ladies was the forthcoming wedding of son No. 2 and from what I could glean, the question of ‘what to wear’ is of vital importance! It almost seems like what you wear on that day could make or break you! It’s like a hierarchy is being fought out with clothes.

I have to say that every single female in every single wedding photograph I have ever seen (bar the bride) looks overstated, meringue-like and old-fashioned to me. Why bother?? It is a ‘I can out-do you’ competition where everyone looks down on everybody else (tssss, what IS she wearing??!!) and silently praying that nobody else is wearing the same thing! The guys on the other hand don’t give a fig and are ALL wearing the same thing! A pint glass!!!

Yesterday we visited my mother-in-law and visited (this just has to be done at Easter if you are part of the British public) a garden centre! It was however worth it just to see the beautiful colours of the flowering plants. Boy . . . I am getting soft in my old age!!

My weight loss program has stalled due to lack of exercise and snacking too much.
Having spent some days off work I realise that I could happily do this holidaying for some years to come. If anyone in authority is listening . . . C’mon, let’s have that big Lottery win now!!
That way ‘The Precious’ and I could escape the morons of this world for most of the time.

No comments: