Thursday, April 20, 2006

The only Card I need is the Ace of Spades

Had a day off work yesterday to take our car for an MOT and consequent TAX update at the post office. Nearly had to pay again for a repeat MOT as it was in danger to fail because of knackered brakes but it just scraped through. Phew!!
The TAX on cars today is a scandal!! Does Gordon Brown think we are made of money?? I can’t make the green stuff as fast as it flies out of our pockets.

On a more cheery note, I met up with my good friend Keith last night and we went to see a band called ‘Hayseed Dixie’, the name being a play on words of ‘AC/DC’, whose songs (amongst others) they sing in a rocky bluegrass sort of way.
They were hilariously brilliant and very professional in their skills. If you ever get the chance to see them and want to leave with a permanent smile, then go and get a ticket.
Click on the link words above to see more of them.
As warm-up we had a guy called Mitch Benn, who had us in fits of laughter with his songs and anecdotes. People who like boy bands and smaltzy music would not like this guy!!
Funny thing was that I had decided a couple of weeks ago to let my hair grow and when I saw Keith, he also had the same idea and is already well ahead of me, sprouting as it were a fine mop of hair.
By the summer we’ll look like a real couple of old hippies.
Today I am in good ol’ London town for a couple of meetings. One is done – the other starts in an hour so I have time to write this.
Well, surfing time I think!

No comments: