Monday, April 10, 2006

Holy Crap!! It's Karaoke!!

As indicated last week, Friday night daughter No. 2 and I went to see an E.L.O. tribute band. I can now report that they were utter crap and definitely no tribute to E.L.O. or any other musicians worth their salt.
With a combined age of 455 and the musical ability of a strangled cat they managed to destroy the works of Jeff Lynne (and our ear drums) with each and every song they attempted. Things were so bad that we contemplated leaving during the interval and regretting not having done so the moment the second half started.
The singer sounded more like Maria out of ‘Sound of Music’ than Jeff Lynne from E.L.O. ; the drummer, a geriatric sack of spuds without any sense of rhythm, couldn’t keep the beat any more than a dog could eat with knife & fork and the guitarist was as impressive as gooseberry jelly with mustard dressing.
Saturday night we went to see The Hamsters, who were their usual excellent selves and their rendition of Jimi Hendrix’s ‘All along the Watchtower’ and ‘Hey, Joe’ alone was well worth the entrance fee. They played solid for about 3 hours, amounting to 180 minutes of angelic craftsmanship.

Inspired by my daughter’s cool sunglasses I, too, have gone to the optician to get myself a pair made up. Alas the one frame I chose I couldn’t have because of the anti-glare I asked for so on Saturday I went to choose another frame. Can’t wait for them to arrive, as the glare of the wet road this morning was a bitch!

Yesterday – on my wife’s orders – I managed to book us a nice self-catering place for a week in July near Oban, Scotland where we (together with in-laws) can escape to after son No. 2’s wedding and I have a feeling we’ll all be ready for it!!
If you ever need a self-catering place, then this website is ace!! http://www.chooseacottage.co.uk/

You wouldn’t think it was April . . . yesterday we had snow and it is flipping cold out adding to my misery of having an abscess on molar No. 3 lower left. Rats!!!
So tomorrow afternoon it’s dentist time again!

Time for the daily slimming day recount:
Food/Drink:
Too much, being weekend so let’s not talk about it.
Exercise:
1 x walking the dog, 1 x shopping, 1 x walking to the optician. (Pathetic, I know!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for a new dentist.... £1000 the lighter and still getting abscesses? You've been fleeced a good'un....