Friday, November 24, 2006

Up on Blocks!

I know we don't have Thanksgiving in this country but last night we invited some friends for dinner just to celebrate 'friendships' and we had a wonderful time laughing and sharing stories.

I made Baked Camembert


followed by Creamy Sour Cream Chicken


followed by Baileys Yogurt Cream Dessert


It was delicious and don't even expect a weight update on Monday!! :-)

Alas . . this morning my car had a flat tyre and after I had limped to the garage it became obvious that I needed to have all 4 tyres renewed!
One hour later and £387 ($748) poorer (boohoo) I finally emerged from the garage bruised but not beaten!



Well, that's life!

9 comments:

little things said...

I can't believe I wasn't invited! Baked Camembert! YUM!

Desert Songbird said...

A man who cooks -- sigh. Would that I had been that luck. Sigh.

Kila said...

Hopefully that wonderful meal eased the pain the tires caused you!

Tonya said...

I have to agree with Kila.. but the meal did look wonderful! Yum..

The very nice man said...

It's the little things -
You were invited! Didn't you get the letter?? Gorram mail!!

Desert Songbird -
Yup! A man that cooks! And irons, and hoovers and wahes up! Sorry!

Kila -
Unfortunately the tyre episode came after the meal. I have to say I am quite glad about this because it did spoil mu appetite somewhat!

Tonja -
Thanks for popping by, girl, and thanks for the compliments!
I hope you will visit again!

Yara said...

That all looked so yummy, wish I was there for dinner. :)
-Yara

Desert Songbird said...

BTW, good on ya, mate, for adding the clock. Now I know what time it is where you are when I read your blog.

Anonymous said...

that car on jacks is a familiar sight to me. =)

Tires are expensive.. I have a dually and it cost me 700 dollars for 6 tires. They must be higher where you live b/c 4 cost you the same.

Anonymous said...

I think I need your recipe for Sour Cream Chicken. Sounds yummy.