Monday, November 13, 2006

The Electronic Firefly - 100th Post

Well blow me down!!! Who would have thought that I would actually ever get to 100 posts on this site?!
Time to take stock at this monumental achievement:


First post published:
On 4th April 2006

Total number of visits to ‘The Fly’ so far:
Nearly 4000

Visitors so far were from:
United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Holland, India, Sweden, France and the United Kingdom

Pictures posted on ‘The Fly’:
Over 100


So, what can I say about this Blogsite?

It is not the most visited site nor the best liked one.
It has not got the most interesting or individually stimulating posts in the (uni)verse but over these days, weeks and months the electronic firefly has in a strange sort of way become part of me.
The people who read it are dear to me and their own blogsites are brilliant.

Some people have criticised this site as inane drivel and mindless nonsense!
Since I am the only one posting stuff here, you cannot think much of me either.
To you I say: “Congratulation on your highly intellectual (if somewhat boring) life and your expensive taste! Sorry ‘The Fly’ is not to your liking!

To all of you who still pay a visit and leave the odd comment:
Thanks for your encouragement! It just would be awful lonely out these in the blogsphere without you!


If you are one of the people reading this site, maybe you could leave a comment (use 'anonymous' if you haven't got a logon) for once?!

12 comments:

Yara said...

Congratulations! This is great, next stop 200...!
-Yara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erik. Cheers up what would otherwise be (most of the time) a mundane day.....xxx MO

Merritt Fields said...

Congratulations!! I really like your blog (and the photos yesterday were fabulous!)

The very nice man said...

Yara - You were on of the very first people to ever comment on The Fly, so thanks and give yourself a gold star! *

Mo - I am so glad you like my daily ramblings. If nobody would read this stuff I guess it would just make me a sad old git!

Aisby - Welcome to The Fly and thank you for your kind words!
It means a lot!
Erik

Tiggerlane said...

Congrats on 100!

I have lurked, but tend not to comment much - since most of my thoughts are pretty wise-ass.

You are doing well to post so much in less than a year!!

The very nice man said...

Tiggerlane - wise-ass?? You?? Never! Thanks for lurking!
Erik

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. My forthish time to visit.

I want to make a trophy for myself. What a good idea! =)

work is getting in the way of my blogging! ARGHAG the phone is ringing AGAIN!

M J said...

Happy 100 post blog-aversary! I wish you happiness and good stats for the next 100!

The very nice man said...

Vicki - Looking at your blog, you have a lovely place where you live! No wonder you have to work hard! But . . nothing should stand in the way of blogging, heehee!!

Marnie - Thank you for your kindness and I do like the word 'blog-aversary'!

Anvilcloud said...

How nice of Blogger to send you a trophy and a shirt! ;)

Way to go!

Desert Songbird said...

Congrats! I never thought about acknowledging something like 100 posts. So that begs the question: if I reach this milestone in only two or three months, does that mean I'm verbose?

A Novelist said...

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Hope to see many more wonderful posts from you.