Friday, February 02, 2007

The Sound of Silence

What's happening?? Why doesn't he post stuff anymore every day??
Those might be the questions in your head when visiting my blog.
Alas . . the "Fly" has had the Flu!!
I think I have been unwell now for the best part of a month and I am pig-sick of it!
Enough already!!

Before I submerge myself back into a bucket of Flu Remedy, I just wanted to remind all you readers of the next Fun Monday on February 5th:

Just email Swampy at swampwitch06@gmail.com and she will include you on her list of participants this Monday on her blogsite Anecdotes, Antidotes & Anodes

We are to link to memorable posts.
It can be one of your own. It can be a fellow blogger's post.You can list as many posts as you want. This is just another way to meet new bloggers and possibly learn something new about current blogging friends. What post(s) come to mind that stick in your memory for some reason?

Example:
The first post that came to my mind was Not My Day to Die Part 1 posted by Julie at Another Chance Ranch.

Please also include any background information about why you chose those particular posts. About the only rule around here is to keep one foot on the floor at all times. Just link us to something we will enjoy.

So, back to the tissues and tablets!
Be blessed!

15 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Oh, Erik - how rotten that you've been ill for so long. Feel better soon, and thanks for updating us so that we wouldn't worry!

Tonya said...

So sorry to hear you have been sick Erik.. The flu really sucks and I hope that you are feeling better real soon. Hmmmm Fun Monday? I have been away too long I think!

Beccy said...

Get well soon Erik

little things said...

That is a long time to not be feeling well...hope your illness comes to an end soon!
I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the changing of the job?

Peg said...

Poor guy--sorry you're not well.

To your comment on my blog--um...Americans are not just NUTS. Sometimes, it is downright embarrassing to claim membership to the 'American club' (any time George W. speaks, for instance...or when I traveled overseas with my American colleagues when I was a banker!)

I lived outside London (in Claygate) for 3 1/2 years as a child--can I be an honorary Brit, please?

The very nice man said...

Thanks all you lovely people for your kind comments and wishes.
Peg, we'd love you to be an honorary Brit, haha!!
(P.S.: No offence meant with the NUTS comment!!)

ChrisB said...

Hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

I pray you are well soon!

~Kila

Peg said...

None taken...lol I should have written, "Not only are Americans NUTS, but..." I'm agreeing with you!

:D

Anonymous said...

You have the "after the holidays" flu - bed rest and quiet are the best cure.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the flu, feel better soon! I may try a fun Monday after we return from vacation.

Pamela said...

hey firefly, hope the flue flees.

The very nice man said...

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes!
You all have made me realise how rich I really am with good friends like you!
I bless you all for your big and generous heart!
Erik

Merritt Fields said...

Hope you're feeling better very soon!!

Anonymous said...

I was forced to get the flu shot at work. The nurse with the needle had to sit on me and threaten to break the needle off in my arm if I wouldn't stop screaming and scaring all the children.

But, I think I am getting the flu. That is so unfair.

Hope you feel better soon.