Monday, February 05, 2007

Posts that left an Impression on me!

funmonday

Today we wish to highlight posts that we thought of as memorable.
Here then are the ones that love and 'stuck in my mind':

First Place
Favorite post: Ode to Ma (a bit late)
Artist: Marnie
Blogsite: I didn't say it was your fault . . .
Link to post: http://thefates3.blogspot.com/2006/05/ode-to-ma-bit-late.html

Reason for choosing this post:
I just love Marnie's humorous way of describing things but this post is a bitter-sweet account of life, family, struggle and perseverance. It is an 'Ode to Ma' but it is also an ode to family, to courage and to love.
Marnie manages to tell this very personal story in her own funny but fragile, gentle way which has you spell-bound between laughing out loud on moment to crying tears the next.
This piece of writing is a most wonderful and honest 'gift of thanks' and is very precious indeed.
This reader feels very privileged to be allowed to read it.
Marnie, I applaud you!

Second Place
Favorite post: Agent Provocateur
Artist: CB
Blogsite: The Company Bitch
Link to post: http://thecompanybitch.blogspot.com/2006/05/agent-provocateur.html

Reason for choosing this post:
CB, like Marnie, has a great sense of humor and most of her posts are very funny to read.
This post is a great example of his and takes its hilarity from good observation of everyday life occurrences and peoples behaviour. It shows our own vulnerability and often ridiculous reservations, fear and anguish.

Third Place
Favorite post: What do you do with girls
Artist: Ree
Blogsite: Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Link to post: http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/confessions_of_a_pioneer_/2007/01/when_marlboro_m.html

Reason for choosing this post:
Ree has created a stunning post which shows a father-daughter relationship as they work together. This post is underpinned with the most beautiful picture sequence of the couple in action. You will love it!

To link to other participating blog friends, just go to Swampy at Anecdotes, Antidotes & Anodes now.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Daddy! *Ahh-haaa!* ("Hello", seagull style).

Just thought I'd leave a comment on your blog to tell you that I love you lots and lots, no matter what!

Looking forward to catching up on my Daddy hugs after a week away.

x x x x

Beccy said...

Loved Agent Provocateur, thanks for introducing me to a new blog, I'll definitely go back for more.

Tonya said...

I will have to check out these posts.. sounds interesting :)

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of CB before. FABULOUS suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Well ! You are my kind of "student." Very meticulous and I loved the way you lead us through a very defined post. Well Done ! Thanks for the links. Firing up some great memories and adding a couple of new ones. Thanks for participating.

Anonymous said...

That was a great post from Marnie! I started reading her later last summer so missed that post.

Loved the company bitch - she was new to me.

Pamela said...

great choices.

First visit to CB. I didn't see a comment section so I couldn't tell her I'd had a similiar experience. But the woman helping me was "fitting" me. And she had her hands all over me and it was very disturbing. aaaack.

sallywrites said...

Marnie's post was fantastic. That poor mother. What a nightmare she suffered. Very moving but I agree, very humourously written too.

Sally

Angelina said...

Those are some great posts. I've come over here from Tiggerlane.

I hope you're recovered from the flu now!

Anonymous said...

Erik, you are making me cry again...


Not cool!! I don't have my waterproof mascara on!

ChrisB said...

Loved your choices particularly "agent provoc" very funny.

Anonymous said...

Great Sites. All three!

Leann said...

thanks for sharing.

Cuppa said...

Thanks for the great links. I really enjoyed Agent Provocateur.

Yara said...

Hi Erik,

Thank you for sharing such great posts, Marnie's was awesome!
-Yara