Thursday, February 22, 2007

As stupid as a Box of Hair!

I saw this extract in the press which I just needed to kvetch (complain) about:

Britney Spears had her drastic haircut at Esther's Hair Studio in Tarzana, west of Los Angeles, on Friday, but was later seen wearing a blonde wig.
The salon has set up a website to auction the hair for more than $1m (£512,500).
A spokeswoman for the website said they had already received a number of bids.


What on earth is wrong with people??
Here we have Britney, a young woman who is a prime example for the fact that money does not buy you happiness and that it is difficult living your life under the constant scrutiny of the press and their readers/viewers and what is the sum total of our response??
Is it pity? Is it compassion? Do people include her in their prayers?
Naaaaaaah!!!
Let's sell her hair instead and make an obscene amount of money with it!!
Now, don't get me wrong - business being what it is, you need to make hay whilst the sun is shining and in this money-grabbing capitalistic society nobody should be surprised by the attempt of a hairdressing salon to boost their income!
What I have a real problem with is those people - ordinary people like you and me - actually validating this crazy stunt by parting with their hard-earned cash and buying . . . I can hardly get myself to write it . . . a box of hair!!



Apart from the fact that you could never be sure that the hair you've just bought is actually hair that came of Britney's head (can you tell the difference??) I just find it amazing that people see any value in having it!?!?!
It grows naturally on billions of people's head; it is no different to the hair on your head; it is not particularly nice to look at and I don't think it would score any kudos points with your friends, when you show it to them and tell them how much you've paid for it!!
If it does score points, then I would urgently suggest that you need to change your friends!!

So, let us re-cap:


  • Took advantage of the current lack of stability in a fellow human being (tick)

  • Was sucked into the frenzy of buying something worthless (tick)

  • Parted with a stack of cash that could have gone to - lets say - a charity (tick)

  • Supported a ruthless business who does not give a shit about Britney (tick)

  • Able to gloat to feeble-minded 'friends' about the latest valuable purchase (tick)

Next thing you know someone will come and tell me that this hair is Art or History or Celebrity Worship!


The Bible says: "O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long must I stay with you and put up with you?" (Luke 9:41)


The Fly says: "Some people are really as stupid as a box of hair!"


This very nice man wishes Britney a speedy recovery and will remember her in his prayers!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany has just lost it. I don't think she has any sense left. What is sad about her was that she really was just white trash that became quickly successful then turned into a kind of whore-ish thing to sell more records....married another piece of white trash, had kids to try to save her marriage then just fell apart.
She had nothing substantial as far as faith, family support, or a background educated enough in anything to help her make it in this world. Anytime money comes quickly to those that don't know how to be financially responsible it ends badly.

Desert Songbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anvilcloud said...

I think it was funny that in a post about hair, you said, "So, let us re-cap."

Desert Songbird said...

Ergh - let's try this again!

My mom used to say, "Blood will out." This is a prime example of why class has NOTHING whatsoever to do with money and everything to do with decorum.

I feel very sorry for this young woman; no one "close" seems to care that she is self-destructing.

Pamela said...

My New Years Resolution was to not READ or LISTEN to Hollywood gossip for the entire year.

It's been pretty tough with all the Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears stuff in the news.

Thanks for reminding me about that verse in Luke.

I am also reminded that HE loves them, too.

Beccy said...

Can you believe some kids dream about becoming famous, I just hope my children are content.

Anonymous said...

Well said....

I am personally sick of the Britney news and just wish she would stay home and take care of her babies properly for a change.

Leann said...

the thing is this may have been for locks of love.people do donate their hair for people who lost theirs my grandaughter did.but I think old britney just did it to express how messed up she feels.and its good for some people to see how messed up these people get. who pay little or no attention to God.it makes me feel sad no one can get close enough to these people to tell them "hey your empty cause you dont know Jesus!!but its hard to talk to them unless your around them alot.thank God He does have people in Hollywood who do know Him and are telling others.I was amaized to hear how many are.pray for those people to have favor so they can reach as many as can be before its too late.yes pray for the poor girl.I understand why she is so messed up.when I was young and just divorced I went off the deep end for a while.I was bitter and angery,and even lost my faith for a while.so she isnt any diffrent then any of us really.she just has a crap load of money.and the pantyless acts is just a way to get a shock value.we use to wear hippy clothes and say peace and mess around as flower childern.now its more sexual.dont make it right just tells us the devil has a bigger hold on this generation. kick God out of school and look what you get.but then they are kicking God out of government in some places wonder what hell that will let lose?Lord have mercy on us all.God bless you friend.I put a post on my blog just for you.

Unknown said...

Amen to that, Leann!! We all need Jesus!

tlawwife said...

What is even sadder is some business will probably buy it and then charge people to look at it. And they will.

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear very nice man. I'm in shock that the salon has seen this as a $1million windfall. It's a bit like a hospital selling a famous person's removed appendix. Very unprofessional. And yes, I think poor Britney is a little bit confused at the moment.

Tracey said...

You are indeed a very nice (and compassionate!) man to be thinking of Brittney's soul! And you're right, people are as stupid as a box of hair...