Friday, January 26, 2007

The Artist formally known as "My Daughter"!

Some of you might remember this post about my daughter's drawings versus my own!
Well, in a further attempt to discredit my work she has created this masterpiece, thus putting me firmly in my place - Last place!!

I came home one evening still feeling confident in my artistic naivety to be greeted with the words:
"Hi, Dad, have you seen Angus?"
After searching my brain for friends and associates called "Angus" and coming up blank she produced this!

DSCN2470

She has now enrolled into a local "Watercolouring Art Class" and only had one lesson.
The mind boggles!!
Even though it pains me to admit, I think the score is:
Erik 0 - Victoria 1

Addendum:
Debs pointed out that the above score is incorrect as Victoria won the last time as well!
Under protest and with much squirming I hereby declare the score to be:
Erik 0 - Victoria 2
(I hate you, Debs!!)

11 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Wow! I'm very impressed by Victoria's talent. She is indeed gifted.

Anonymous said...

I like Agnus. Is she for sale? =)

Anvilcloud said...

That's pretty flipin impressive

Wendy said...

What a lovely painting! That girl has such talent!

Yara said...

WOW, that's amazing. Congrats in having such a talented daughter.

-Yara

Leann said...

she is good!but then I love cows.

Anonymous said...

Oh My ! I love that painting. Since I'm relatively new here, I need to go back to see what this contest is all about. She is a talented young lady.

little things said...

Being a bit of an artist myself, I can freely admit that I found watercolors to be so difficult!
This is gorgeous and looks deceivingly simple...and I know it wasn't.
Wow - congrats on all the talent in this family!

Beccy said...

Your daughter is very talented, I so wish I could paint or draw.

ChrisB said...

Such talent you must be very proud.

Anonymous said...

I really do like her. Is this for sale?

I like it as it is, if not I'd like to see if when she's finished.