Friday, January 05, 2007

Let's just start as we mean to carry on!

Unperturbed by threats of redundancy and scaremongering everywhere we have decided to remain positive and trust as always in the one constant and utterly reliable force in the (uni)verse, the good Lord Himself!

We have therefore already booked the following little holiday for June:

Rome and the Amalfi Coast
The Eternal City of Rome is one of the world’s truly great cities, a destination where history and culture abound. The picturesque Sorrento Coast meanwhile is the perfect base to either relax or discover the treasures of the Amalfi region and the extensive ruins of Pompeii. Experience both on this exciting new two-centre holiday.

Day 1. UK to Rome

Day 2. Rome: included walking tour
Day 3. Rome: Open-top bus tour
Day 4. Excursion to the Vatican City and Sistine Chapel
Day 5. Rome to Castellammare di Stabia
Day 6. Full day tour of the Amalfi coast
Day 7. Excursion to Capri


Day 8. At leisure
Day 9. Castellammare to Rome airport


Are we crazy to book this at such a precarious time??
Do we care??
. . . . . . . .
That’ll be a NO then!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, sounds fabulous. Can you guys pack me in your suitcase?

I am sure I don't have to tell you to take a million pictures for us..

Desert Songbird said...

There are only so many things over which we have control, and the rest will happen whether we want it to or not.

Good attitude, Erik -- have a wonderful trip!

Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy rome-ing around.

Tonya said...

So what are you guys going to pick me up?? lol

Looks like a great time :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how fun! How long will you be on the plane from the UK to Rome?

Kila said...

Sounds wonderful, go for it!

That's one great thing about living over there--so many incredible places nearby to vacation to.

Need someone to carry your camera for you?

The very nice man said...

All - You do realise that this little excursion is taking place in JUNE, right??!! I did say so!

Marnie - You in a suitcase would be great but the b*stards at the airlines have lowered the weight limit on free luggage! So . . would we pay for you?? Naaa!

DS - Yeah, girl! No good worrying about things you have no influence over!

Anvilcloud - You juuuust couldn't resist, could you??! Nevertheless . . good pun!

Tonya - Since you live in England and the trip is in June, you and your partner (husband??) can still book and come along. We'd have a blast! Let me know if you need info!

Vicki - It takes about 2 and 1/2 hours to fly across which is just about half an hour away from me stabbing myself with a fork to counteract the boredom!

Kila - Yes, living in Europe has that advantage! You can be anywhere from Sweden to Switzerland and Serbia to Spain in a couple of hours.
My camera is on my belt! Sorry girl!

Merritt Fields said...

I want to go! I want to go! So very jealous. You'll have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so want to go with you! That is my dream trip...to Rome. To walk those ancient streets. I want to do Rome, Venice and Florence....we are hoping not this year but 2008 will be the year.