Friday, December 01, 2006

Twinkle, twinkle, little . . . D'Oh!!

A couple of days ago I put up some new Christmas lights on the outside of our house and filled the wooden advent calendar with nice praline chocolates just to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

At night time the lights came on (via timer switch) and everything looked so beautiful and I was very proud of myself, as I don't really like Christmas (all the commercial stuff) and I can't wait until the children visit us, since they know how "Bah Humbug" I normally am.

Since I was far too cheerful the f*ck-fairy decided to send us torrential rain and strong winds which makes my beautiful decorated house (the only one in our street so far) look totally out of place and the neighbours must be wondering whether I am some sort of lobotomised weirdo!
(Hey, maybe I am lobotomised!! You wouldn't know, would you?!)

On the other hand, why am I complaining about silly things like this??
At least I don't have problems like my beautiful blog friend Desert Songbird!

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Only house on the block? Tsk, tsk. But good for you for showing the flag so to speak.

Desert Songbird said...

Have I told you lately how wonderful you are? I thank you so very much for your kindness and prayers.

You are a special person.

Kila said...

Oh, I like the chocolate calendar!

I'm sure your neighbors are all jealous.

Anonymous said...

You can't see our house from the road. I was going to put up lights, but then... well... it's cold out there.

Desert Songbird said...

Erik, your continued generosity has overwhelmed me. You brought me to tears. I thank you so very much for kindness and prayers. I wish I could thank you in person, but know that I am sending so much affection over the ocean to YOU!

Tonya said...

I like the chocolate calender as well and great to hear you were all decorated.. Its best when you are the only house on the block..

"Why try so hard to fit in, when you're born to stand out"

mreddie said...

Just searching around a bit and found your blog. Really like the chocolate calendar idea - sweet reminders all the way to Christmas! ec