Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Christmas Tag of Joy

Marnie tagged me with this one!
She also sent me a lovely Christmas card (see below).
Thank you so much, Marnie



Here is my list of answers to the tag:

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Egg Nog! It has alcohol in it!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa is much to important to wrap presents himself! It’s the Elves that do all the boring stuff!
3.Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White of course! It’s so much more sophisticated.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes but with little effect.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
December 1st. For the very first time ever! Normally I am just ‘Bah Humbug’.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish?
An Indian Take-away!

7. Favorite Holiday memory?
The time I drunk a whole bottle of Whisky being left home alone when /was a teenager.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I suspected things from a very early age, being the cynical person I am? Can’t remember when exactly though.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When I was living in Germany we always opened all presents on Christmas Eve but now we wait until Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Quite plainly - with white candles, some little figurines and silver garlands.

11. Snow! Love it or Hate it?
Love it, love it, love it!! We just don’t get much of it here! (See below)




12. Can you ice skate?
Yes I can! I am quite good at it but can’t stop very well, much to the dismay of all the people I crash into!

13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
No! I don’t like getting gifts too much! It embarrasses me!

14. What's the most important thing?
Remembering the birth of Jesus!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Sherry Trifle.

16. ???????????????
Marnie, there wasn't a question No. 16! What's up, girl?? Lost your counting ability? Heehee!

17. What tops your tree?
A star saying “Merry Christmas!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving, of course. See above point 13.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"I Believe in Father Christmas"-- Emerson, Lake and Palmer (Greg Lake/Peter Sinfield)

They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the virgin birth.
I remember one Christmas morning
A winter's light and the distant choir
And the peal of a bell
and that Christmas tree smell
Eyes full a tinsel and fire.

They sold me a dream of Christmas
They sold me a silent night
They told me a fairy story
Till I believed in the Israelite.
And I believed in Father Christmas
I looked to the sky with excited eyes
Than I woke with a yawn
in the first light of dawn
And I saw him through his disguise.

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish, pain, and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear.
They said there'd be snow at Christmas
They said there'd be peace on earth.
Hallelujah, Noel, Be it heaven or hell,
The Christmas we get we deserve.


20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
Yum! But my dentist doesn’t agree!

I am tagging everybody who has just read this post!

7 comments:

Tonya said...

great list :) I have sometimes been embarassed to get gifts as well.. depends on who it is from :) I will have to do this as soon as I get the chance!

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job!

I only got through the first 10 with mine....I a lazy typer!

Loved your number 4 answer, it made me laugh.

Kila said...

Oh, I like your blog's facelift!

I'll do your questions tomorrow, if I get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Claudia, who tagged me didn't have a 16 either.

A Christmas Dilemma!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Marnie sent me the same card. Aren't they beautiful and sparkly?

Anvilcloud said...

Snow's awfully scarce here these days. So far it's the winter that wasn't.

Desert Songbird said...

I like the new template, Erik. I love the blue -- reminds me of the sea.