Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Visit to York

Having lived in York for some 7 years I had the opportunity to revisit this beautiful city on a glorious, sunny day.
Here are the photos:

York - 039
York Minster (Cathedrale) taken from the Wall around York

York - 036
View onto the river Ouse from Lendal Bridge

York - 033
The ruins of the old Abbey in York Gardens

York - 027
The Minster taken from the front

York - 022
The Minster from the side

York - 020
Stonegate shopping street

York - 017
View from the Mansion House towards Stonegate and the Minster

York - 018
The Mansion House

York - 014
Parliament Street - Time to relax

York - 011
The Shambles - An original old street (see the large window ledge where meat was displayed for sale in centuries gone by)

York - 004
Clifford's Tower - Once a prison

York - 023
A house in Minster Yard where children play cricket

York - 041
River Ouse from Ouse Bridge

York - 028
Bootham Bar - Entrance to the city through one of its many gates (bars)

York is a wonderful city and well worth a visit. If you have never been there, then shame on you.
I fell in love with the city the moment I arrived there as a youngster (see my little book at
http://a-german-shepherd.blogspot.com/ )

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

While I like these virtual tours, I also feel that I'm missing so much. Maybe someday.

ChrisB said...

Oh this really brought back memories and you've taken some beautiful photos. We spent a short break in York one half term when the girls were still in junior school. Funnily enough I was looking at the photos only a couple of weeks ago when I was searching for fun monday material.

Beccy said...

I loved York, as well as visiting as a child I went to university in Hull and we would go to York for the day.

Tonya said...

Beautiful pictures as always.. York is really nice!

Desert Songbird said...

Sigh.

I love these walks with you Erik. Really makes me wish I could be there in person.

Thanks for taking us along.

Pamela said...

are you still not working?

why not organize a tour.???

I'll win the lotto and pay for one.

Kila said...

Great photos. Thanks for taking us along, or, rather, bringing it to us.

I browsed through your "little book"--can't wait to read it all.

Julie said...

I went to York in 1993 while studying abroad in London. I loved it - thanks for bringing back memories!