Thursday, May 31, 2007

The good Deed

An elderly lady from our church needed a lift to Brighton to see her daughter but could not afford the fare. Besides, she needed to take her wheelchair and various other items.
So I agreed to drive her down but thought we might as well make the most of it by taking along my mother-in-law as company for the old lady on the long drive and Victoria to keep me company.
It all worked out just splendidly and even the weather played along, praise the Lord.
Here are some snapshots:

Brighton - 011
Brighton Beach

Brighton - 002
Brighton Pier and blue sky

Brighton - 014
Me looking at the second pier which went up in flames

Brighton - 006
Hey!! This would make a good picture for framing!

Brighton - 007
As long as Victoria doesn't get in the way!

Brighton - 013
Let's explore the town

Brighton - 010
Choices, choices . . .

Brighton - 016
Time for coffee!

Brighton - 009
Or a beer in the Sussex pub?

All that can be said about Brighton is that the beach is full of stones, the traffic sheer madness, the town pretty boring and there are a gazillion other seaside resorts in Britain which beat Brighton hands down any time.
So the advice from this traveller is:
Don't be fooled by the nice pictures and unless you have to go there because you are doing a good deed . . . DON'T!!!

8 comments:

~grey said...

I absolutely love all your photos. You live in a truly beautiful place!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear very nice man. I went to brighton when I was much younger, it was raining and miserable. I'm not sure I would go there again.. although, your pictures are 'picture perfect' - seriously!

Desert Songbird said...

Those DO look like rocks rather than grains of sand on that beach. How odd.

Your photos must really be showing the nice side because they look inviting. I'll take your word for it that the place is not worth visiting, however.

Pamela said...

I think I need to check it out for myself.

Not that your word isn't good... but maybe you are just bored of it???

You might make a good tour director.

Tonya said...

you are soo sweet doing the good deed! The pictures make it look alot better than you claim. Im not sure if I have been there or not..lol Probably have but never know where I am half the time!!

I cant wait for our vacation in Paignton!!

Kila said...

Fabulous photos!

Merritt Fields said...

I was sad to read your review...the pictures are beautiful.

little things said...

I'm still wondering how you made the pier go up in flames by looking at it?