Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm walking on Sunshine!

Easter weekend is here and for once the weather is utterly brilliant.
Yesterday our friends Garry and Christine joined Jan and me in a 6 mile walk through the beautiful countryside.
To be able to spend a few hours with good friends just strolling through God's own garden is truly amazing and makes you grateful to be alive.
Here are some pictures for you:

DSCN0157
Walk along the canal . .
DSCN0156
Mind the swan . .
DSCN0126
Observe the heron . .
DSCN0123
Mind your head . .
DSCN0135
Nice redwood trees . .
DSCN0140
Don't step on the frog . .
DSCN0141
(No comment)
DSCN0142
Curious cows . .
DSCN0144
Singel file marching . .
DSCN0146
The locks . .
DSCN0148
Time for lunch and a beer . .
DSCN0150
(No need for that!!)
DSCN0151
Canal boats . .
DSCN0152
The girls are slowing down

I do love springtime!

14 comments:

Beccy said...

What a beautiful place to enjoy a day walking. Pub lunch looks good too!

Anvilcloud said...

I woke up to quite a bit of snow today. So stupid really.

little things said...

What a lovely countryside! Happy Easter to you and your family...

Desert Songbird said...

Gorgeous photos, Erik. I really wish I could come visit you, although I'm not sure I could handle a six-mile hike. In my former self, yes; today, not so much. But I loved the canal photos.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an absolutely gorgeous day!!!

We had almost 80°F here yesterday and this morning - rain with a forecast of rain the rest of the week. I guess I have to take the nice days when I can.

Leann said...

love the pictures brother.you and your wife make a very handsome couple.she has pretty hair.
the swan is so cool.and the rest is awesome to.I love to see the country side.beautiful place to walk.
have a great weekend.happy Easter and God bless you and yours.

ChrisB said...

Oh that looks a lovely picturesque walk -photos are beautiful as usual. Thank you for sharing your little bit of heaven. We have been blessed with good weather down here in the west country as well.

Pamela said...

It was a fine walk....I enjoyed going along. Not as much as if I'd been there, of course.

Tiggerlane said...

Great photos, Erik! Looks so peaceful.

Now, after our last trip and looking at these pictures, I may let the kid go overseas after all!

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

dear very nice man. You make me have nice-country-side-envy. I'm with the others, though. Probably would have had to hire a golf buggy to survive the six mile walk.

Kila said...

What a fabulous day! I enjoyed the photos :)

Anonymous said...

you. are. adorable.

I have a new blog crush. =)

Those cute little boats are calling me.

And your wife! her hair is just beautiful. (She's got nice boobs too. I dont know why I noticed it, but if you don't hold it against me I won't hold it against you for wearing those tshirts you posted yesterday.)

~ej said...

wonderful photos, and SUNSHINE, i remember the sun :)
the locks bring back fond memories in around the bath/avon locks (i think??) with my oldest son "helping" to open the locks. and then snacks at a canalside pub.
thanks for the memories, and sharing your day! :-)

Angelina said...

That looks like it was a brilliant day!