Thursday, March 08, 2007

The first Week away from the Pet Shop!

Yes, it has been exactly 1 week since the pet shop told me that there weren't going to be any further deliveries of hay and that I needed to go elsewhere to graze!
So they captured the pet wasp from the shop window, handed it to me as a leaving present and like the proverbial dragon - pooff! - I was gone!
Luckily some kind and considerate person (me) spread the news that I am very fond of the Scottish National Brew and those pet shop boys 'n girls I call my friends came up trumps by slipping me the odd bottle!

DSCN0004

So . . do I miss the pet shop? Am I yearning to see the dogs, talk to the goats, run after the ferrets, listen to the parrots, sweep up the crap from the cats??
Strangely the answer is "No!"
Oh, I know . . gone are the advantages of working at the pet shop, such as the overwhelming feeling of superiority, the appreciation by the animals for the care you provide and the great sense of achievement you get as they lick your hand and waggle their little tails in gratitude for feeding (their egos) them!
(Sarcastic mode OFF)

Since leaving the pet shop I have had various enquiries from job agencies and even went to a little interview with one of them who think they have just the job for me!
It all sounds good but "Hold your horses!!" I don't even know whether that is the type of job I really want to do. I am still in the middle of sorting all my private stuff out, doing all those odd jobs around the house and enjoying the clean fresh air, which anyone who ever worked at a pet shop will appreciate!

DSCN0001

As Jamie and I were doing our morning walk in beautiful sunshine we both seemed to sense that life is good and springtime is coming! Time to open your cage and breathe deep!

To all my friends at the pet shop I just need to say:
"I miss you and watch out for the harmless looking scorpion in the corner cage. It stings without warning!"
Time for breakfast and a decent cup of coffee!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric, I looked into firefly this morning around half 9 & your lush looking cake was the last entry, I worried that you might have had enough of computers & deserted us! Enjoy the Spring & Summer then think about jobs, its too sunny to go for interviews. Have fun, Zoe x

Anonymous said...

Fair play Dad, enjoy it whilst you can!! I am of course jealous of your "man of leisure" status, it must be a nice relaxing feeling. It's good to know that it doesn't look like it's going to be too much of a chore finding another job! Hope you have a nice day today! Neil

Desert Songbird said...

Looks as if you have enough Scottish brew to keep you in the stew for quite a while. Hope you don't get pickled!

I know when my husband was unemployed for short stretches, he appreciated being able to lunch with me, play with the kids (they were still very young), and sleep in. But then he started to get antsy very quickly. I'm glad to hear that you should be able to gain new employment rather quickly if you want.

Good luck!

ChrisB said...

erik you seem to have a good supply of your favourite tipple to keep you going until the right job comes along. Enjoy the freedom while you can!!

Leann said...

Hey friend I missed you.I checked in and thought O did I say some thing that he got mad at me.I havent seen some of my old friends on my blog.so I thought I may have lost them.
but I see today some new ones were on.
glad your back on again we missed you.say send some of that spring here would ya.we have snow up the ying yang!!!!its getting too much.over 27 inches and I want spring.
your dog is cool.is it a sheep dog?
God bless you friend hope you enjoy your time as a free man.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the time off - you only get these chances every so often.

And I have found the smaller dogs (who think they are big) are the nastiest.

Pamela said...

I envy your free time.

little things said...

Isn't middle age great? You get to take all those hard-earned lessons and apply them to Round Two!

Desert Songbird said...

Hey, Mr. Man of Leisure:

The photo contest at An Island Life is now accepting votes, and as of now, I'm getting creamed by a couple of cute twin babies. Please click on the link below and vote for me!!!! You can vote once today, once on Saturday, and once on Sunday.

Thank you!
Desert Songbird
The Ice Box

http://islandlife808.com/contestsawards/sticky-a-photo-contest-voting-is-now-open/

Tonya said...

Boy I have been away to long. Looks like you have lots of brew to share with all of us and some free time as well.. YAY :)

Anonymous said...

HA....cute story! Love the puppy pic too!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your job searching and deciding. I can relate.

Anonymous said...

You lucky lucky man. Put your feet up and have a wee dram of Macallan... My favourite. Look for job in October..... earliest!
Lots of love Maureen x