Friday, May 12, 2006

Serious Gardening in Progress

What a great day!! It’s Friday, blue sky and really hot out. My colleagues immediately came to persuade me to abandon my plans for a trip into town but instad to follow a British tradition. It took about half a second to get my agreement and five minutes later some of us from work left to visit our local pub for a meal, a drink and some serious sunshine in the wonderful beer garden.
So I grabbed my “Mr. Anderson” – sunglasses (see a previous post below) and we piled into a car with the inside temperature of a medium sized industrial oven. Ten minutes later we spilled out onto the Bugle Horn’s car park at Hartwell.
We ordered out food and with Staropramen (beer) in hand settled in the garden under a sun umbrella. Good job we came early as by the time our watches showed 12:05pm the place was full and every table occupied.
If we had any say in this we would have not returned to work but instead made an afternoon of it but since we all need to drive home at some stage this would not have been the smartest idea. Fair to say that all of us like this sort of gardening!
With a bit of luck I’ll win the lottery tomorrow and then there won’t be any need to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story! I couldn't have a lunch break today in the sun as I have had to start late and finish early due to my car being poorly...again!! Instead I've had the pleasure of staring longingly out of the window at the clear blue shy and sun which rarely graces England with it's prescence...well, not for such long lengths of time anyway...3 whole days!!!! Got to be a record for May hasn't it???? To top it all off, I checked the 5 day weather forecast for the weekend and shocking enough it's going to rain just for the weekend before returning to beautiful hot sunny weather it time for the working week...Great! NeilC